On October 26, 2021, the FDA issued an emergency use authorization for the Pfizer BioNTech vaccine in children ages 5 to 11 years old. Early next week, CDC and the Advisory Council on Immunization Practices (ACIP) will meet to discuss further recommendations for the vaccine and vote for the final approval of this age group. In anticipation of these approvals, a COVID-19 vaccine clinic is tentatively being scheduled for November 11, 2021, from 3:00 pm to 8:00 pm at the Raymore Peculiar South Middle School (at the High School campus off of School Road).
If for some reason, the vaccines are not fully approved by all parties by November 4th, the clinic will be rescheduled at a later date.
Pfizer BioNTech vaccines will be offered to the following groups:
- Primary doses for ages 5 to 11 years old
- Primary doses for ages 12 years old and up
- Booster doses for anyone aged 18 and over that qualify based on the following criteria:
- It has been at least 6 months since the second dose of your Pfizer or Moderna vaccine OR 2 months since you received Johnson & Johnson
- 65 years and older
- Age 18+ who live in long-term care settings
- Age 18+ who have underlying medical conditions
- Age 18+ who work or live in high-risk settings (i.e. school staff)
- Anyone under the age of 18 must have an adult attend with them
- Please wear appropriate clothing
- Vaccines given in upper arm
- The younger population or those with smaller arms may get the vaccine in their thigh versus upper arm
- An observation period of at least 15 minutes post vaccination is required for everyone who receives a vaccination.
- If you have questions or concerns about receiving a COVID-19 vaccine, consult with your physician.
To schedule an appointment use the following links:
If you have questions regarding the event or need to reschedule your appointment, please contact Rachel Surls at (816)892-1325 or by email at Rachel.email@example.com.