Strasburg C-3 is seeking candidates for the following positions:
Information for New Substitute Teacher Candidates
In order to become a substitute teacher for our District, you must obtain a certification from the Missouri Department of Elementary and Secondary Education (DESE). To be eligible for a substitute certificate you must either have 60 college hours OR complete the DESE approved online course.
Once DESE requirements have been complete, please submit a copy of your approved DESE certification, fingerprint confirmation and this application to the Strasburg C-3 School District.
STEP 1. COMPLETE AN ONLINE SUBSTITUTE CERTIFICATE APPLICATION
- You will first need to create a profile in the DESE certification system. Please follow the instructions outlined in the Educator Certification System Help Guide for the Certification System.
- After you have created a profile in the certification system, find the “applications” link in the menu on the left-hand side of the screen to see a list of application types.
- Choose “Substitute” from the list to create an online application. Complete and submit the application.
- A non-refundable processing fee of $50 is required. The fee will be paid at the time the application is submitted online. Fees may be paid by credit/debit card or by e-check.
STEP 2. SUBMIT REQUIRED SUPPORTING DOCUMENTATION TO DESE
- ORIGINAL TRANSCRIPTS from ALL institutions you have attended must be mailed to: Educator Certification, PO Box 480, Jefferson City, MO 65102-0480. Please be sure to include your Social Security number or Educator ID number on all of the transcripts. Faxed, scanned, emailed, or photocopied transcripts will not be accepted. Transcripts become the property of the department and cannot be returned.
- CERTIFICATE OF COMPLETION FROM APPROVED SUBSTITUTE TRAINING – CLICK HERE TO ACCESS THE TRAINING
- COPY OF HIGH SCHOOL DIPLOMA, GENERAL EDUCATION DIPLOMA (GED), OR HIGH SCHOOL EQUIVALENCY TEST (HiSET) must be mailed to: Educator Certification, PO Box 480, Jefferson City, MO 65102-0480. Please be sure to include your Social Security number or Educator ID number. Faxed, scanned, or emailed documents will not be accepted. These documents become the property of the department and cannot be returned.
STEP 3. FINGERPRINT/BACKGROUND CHECK
- A criminal fingerprint/background clearance must be obtained before a certificate can be issued.
- IMPORTANT!! Use CODE 0365 when registering for your background check.